3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced)

Started by
166 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys, I would like to offer a One Year GDNet+ subscription to this event, I'll let capn_midnight decide if that would be a 1st place prize, 2nd place prize, etc... =P

I would also like to judge if possible, here are my specs:
Quote:Dual P3 1Ghz
1Gb Ram
aTI Radeon 9600XT
Sound Blaster Live
Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick

Good luck to the participants! [wink]
Advertisement
I'll offer a box of 36 assorted Cheryl & Co. Cookies, aka "the best damn cookies on the planet" (retail value: $76.22, not including shipping) to any winner in the United States or Canada. Those outside the US or Canada can have an Amazon gift certificate of equal value. (If you're inside the US/Canada, you can have the gift certificate if you'd rather not have the cookies. But I think you'd be making a mistake not going with the cookies.)
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ
Is there any penalty for using something like ASCII-mode graphics (think Nethack, Kroz) rather than "art?" i.e. if the gameplay is good, are the shineys absolutely necessary for good judging?

if you meet that minimum requirement that the graphics not be completely offensive to the sensebilities and the gameplay is good, you should do well. A nethack game would be awesome. I've considered making a top down shooter in ASCII mode before.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Awesome. Count me in then [smile]

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Sorry if I missed it, but I've never actually been in a GDNet competition before, and haven't experienced this one before (as far as I can remember). How long do we have to work?

Edit: found it. Never mind!
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
As much as I would like to, the date means I won't be available to judge.

However, since its Christmas, I'll offer as a prize a $75 gift voucher for either NewEgg or Amazon (or equivilant accoring to XE), depending on the winners preference.
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
aidan_walsh: You should specify what you mean. I'm guessing you mean USD $75?

Personally, I think the idea sounds like a fun challenge, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to submit the kind of games that resulted from the last 3 hour competition (no offense to the creators, I understand how short 3 hours is) and I'm not familiar with any frameworks so simple anyways.

I just recently started working on what would have been an OWOB entry had I had the time during the actual competition, and it's taken me several weeks already (I don't focus so well).
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:Original post by kSquared
I'll offer a box of 36 assorted Cheryl & Co. Cookies, aka "the best damn cookies on the planet" (retail value: $76.22, not including shipping) to any winner in the United States or Canada. Those outside the US or Canada can have an Amazon gift certificate of equal value. (If you're inside the US/Canada, you can have the gift certificate if you'd rather not have the cookies. But I think you'd be making a mistake not going with the cookies.)

!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in.
According to my magic world clock, for me your contest runs at Sunday 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., so I don't think I'll participate this time [smile].

However I'd be happy to volunteer to judge (as long as the downloads aren't too massive).

edit:contest; not contents! Whoops!

[Edited by - Trapper Zoid on December 7, 2005 12:09:27 AM]
Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
According to my magic world clock, for me your contents runs at Sunday 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., so I don't think I'll participate this time [smile].

However I'd be happy to volunteer to judge (as long as the downloads aren't too massive).

I try to hold them on alternating 12 hour schedules, so hopefully the next one will fit your schedule better.

we don't need anymore prizes, I don't think. 3 is enough. Thanks guys.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement