3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced)

Started by
166 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 4 months ago
Good luck everyone, one minute to go =) Maybe I should do an entry >.>
"a low level aho master like you couldn't kill me even if I let you"
Advertisement
UGH! Didn't make it. I need about 20 more minutes. Im going to finish it up anyway.

Congrats to everyone who finished.
Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ
Final submission uploaded at http://members.gamedev.net/bag-of-holding/CartRunner.zip

I'm looking through the rules to see if I needed to email this to someone (I have a vague memory that I do, but my adrenaline levels are way too high [grin] )

it's a little further up, but this is fine.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I've finished and am uploading, but got to do that on dial up so it's slow!
alright, time's up. get them submissions in.

email them to capn dot midnight at gmail dot com

or post a link here

or email the link

or pm me the link

whatever

gmail doesn't take zip files, so rename your extension to .txt and I'll rename it back.

judging will probably take all day.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

have you selected the judges yet?
"a low level aho master like you couldn't kill me even if I let you"
Where do I submit?
Typical, posted dead on time & ww2 is throwing me out to a service agreement page for some reason :(

Finished - the timestamp says 18:03 but that's because I recompiled it after the ww2 incident to correct the title and log filename (no changes to game after 18:00)

International Cart Racing

edit: collision detection is a little dodgy, haven't tested for many bugs - Ones I found & haven't fixed: score is a long int & may wrap round eventually, rocks & cars may overlap incorrectly sometimes, rock has an artefact which could be fixed by moving it up a few pixels in the png.

Description:
After a night out on the town you need to get home, but drink driving is for idiots, so you choose the safest alternative - shopping trolleys! Wheel your drunken friend home and avoid the cars and friendly-looking rocks or you'll end up in the hospital A&E department.
Collect the beer bottles (or maybe wine bottles.. go programmer art!) for a bigger score, but watch out, drink too many and you'll think you're invincible and start to pick up the pace...

There's no "winning" end to this game, keep going till you lose all your lives.

edit2: controls - right, up & down cursor keys
& another bug - shopping cart appears over car when it should appear behind it (pretty sure i'd fixed this..)
Basecode used: HGE tutorial 2.

[Edited by - DrewGreen on December 10, 2005 1:05:29 PM]
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
I spent way too long on graphics, giving myself only 30 minutes to write the game.

Extreme Amish Cart Racing

Incomplete - there is no real gameplay because there is no collision detection or proper level generation. Also, because there is nothing to check if you are done the course, the game will throw an out of bounds exception after about 15 minutes of continous racing.

AGGGHHH! Bug killed me. The submitted version doesn't continue to the second level properly because of an input detection glitch.

I know I'm over time so I don't expect this version to be judged, but if you're feeling generous... [grin]

http://members.gamedev.net/bag-of-holding/CartRunnerFixed.zip

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement