3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced)

Started by
166 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 3 months ago
Ummm... Race the computer to get the sweet Christmas gifts into your cart.

Ghetto, but it kind of works. I can't understand why I couldn't get colorkeying working. Oh, well.

Note: Uses VC7.1 debug libraries (keyboard wouldn't work under release mode)

~BenDilts( void );

[Edited by - BeanDog on December 10, 2005 12:11:33 PM]
Advertisement
Mine is very simple, click on the carts to get money. They travel faster though depending on the amount of money you have.

Q Carts (you know, like Q basic )
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
http://www.freewebs.com/d000hg/d000hg_3HourIV.zip

Hooray (stupid hosting nightmare over.

You need to right-click and do 'save-as...' or (in some browsers) paste the link into your address-bar. It's a bit crummy but you must escape a supermarket with you awkward cart. Check out my advanced animation.

Unfortunately there's only one level, and getting penalties doesn't affect your time - but we can see who can get the best time...! It's only about 350K by the way.
CARTS.zip launch CARTS_Main.class
This is for the "Cultural Arts Resources for Teachers and Students" for Color recognition. It is basically a Simon clone... took longer than I thought, and still doesn't have sound :\

But as a side note, I wrote all of the code in it within 3:30 hours, and used no external sources... I'll get a screeny here soon...

to run it simply do a 'java PATH_TO_FILE\CARTS_Main'

The keys you need are the directional buttons.

BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
it's good to see so many submissions.

making up a page for them right now

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Well, I didn't finish. It's not playable yet; if only it had been a 4 hour contest!

Here's what I did by the end of the contest.

[Edited by - nagromo on December 10, 2005 1:32:03 PM]
well... I didn't finish within the time limit. Actually, I didn't finish at all. Anyways... here is what I wrote in 3 hours:

http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~tavakoli/cart.zip

It's inspired by the Donkey Kong mine cart levels. :)
Well, here is my entry. I call it "Super Shopping Cart Man." Basically, the plot is that it is the night before christmas, you forgot to get gifts, and now with your amazing shoppings powers you must gather as many gifts as possible without hitting other people!

As for the download: here you go.

J to jump, space to start the game. Collect as many presents without crashing. No real "winning" per se. Yes, the speed going faster and slower is on purpose, just as the double jump.

I certainly learned a lot. Writing my engine before hand was great -- but I tried to add too many things last minute, and I have a lot of features I never even used (motion blur, et cetera).

Also, my code is crap. Trying to debug was awful, because it was a total mess. Under pressure, I resort to terrible names and poor design.

Also, I forgot java wasn't c++, which caused some errors when I was expecting certain destructors to be called and they weren't. Required some more hackish code.

Anyway, should crash most browsers on close. I recommend appletviewer on the .html file.

Anyway, maybe next time.

[Edited by - visage on December 10, 2005 3:19:19 PM]
visage - how the hell are you supposed to play your game?
"a low level aho master like you couldn't kill me even if I let you"
Oh, crap, you were supposed to be able to play them?!

Anyway, just load of the .html file, or use your favorite applet viewer (build from source or 'appletviewer example1.html' from command line). Controls: press 'j' to jump, space to begin. Double jumps are allowed, but your performance on the double jump is affected by the timing after the first. For example, pressing j twice will shoot your really high if it is one after the other. On the other hand, trying to jump mid downswing won't get you far at all.

Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement