• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vidalsasoon

December SDK 2005?

This topic is 4877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Watch for it soon.

Perhaps next week.

Maybe even Monday.

Not that I'm making any kind of "official" announcement or anything. Things happen at the last minute sometimes. But if I was eager to get the December SDK, which also might contain the DirectX 10 Technical Preview, I'd probably be monitoring http://msdn.com/directx/sdk starting next week.

Quote:
Original post by dgweller
Watch for it soon.

Perhaps next week.

Maybe even Monday.

Not that I'm making any kind of "official" announcement or anything. Things happen at the last minute sometimes. But if I was eager to get the December SDK, which also might contain the DirectX 10 Technical Preview, I'd probably be monitoring http://msdn.com/directx/sdk starting next week.

What do you mean with "Technical Preview"???

Quote:
Original post by idloco
Quote:
Original post by dgweller
Watch for it soon.

Perhaps next week.

Maybe even Monday.

What do you mean with "Technical Preview"???

It's an early version of the DirectX10 libraries and SDK. Includes all the headers, libs and DLL's required to build DX10 based applications and has the REFRAST so you can run them (albeit slowly [lol]).

The "preview" part just means it's a way that various 3rd parties can evaluate the technology and make informed forward-looking decisions. It's also a convenient way for the DX developers to start getting some feedback by those "in the trenches" [smile]

I'm not sure how it officially works out... but the TP's are somewhere between the early internal alpha/testing versions and the beta versions that are nearly complete (and there for hardcore testing).

Now sit back and be patient and hope that it does make an appearance [grin]

Jack

Quote:
Original post by Cypher19
jeffers, you will make my day if you tell me that the D3D10 REF runs on XP.

You'll have to wait and see if it appears as/when David Weller suggested [smile]

Sorry!
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!