Masters in Computer Graphics

Started by
2 comments, last by ebikhan 18 years, 4 months ago
Can some one please tell me some good unis for Masters in Computer Graphics ? Be it in Australia, Canada, UK, USA !! ... Plus my CGPA wasnt that good It was around 2.8(72%) ... So kindly dont mention the MITs, or Stanfords :P ... I shall be very thankful to him.
ThanksBest Regards,
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ebikhan
Can some one please tell me some good unis for Masters in Computer Graphics ? Be it in Australia, Canada, UK, USA !! ... Plus my CGPA wasnt that good It was around 2.8(72%) ... So kindly dont mention the MITs, or Stanfords :P ... I shall be very thankful to him.

Depends on your goals.

If your goal is to simply get a MS degree in computer science with a CG thesis or emphasis, you'll need to just look for a school with teachers who have in interest in CG. Talk to the professors at the school and see if they'll have you.

If you are looking for a specific research area, you'll have to look up any school you're interested in, find out their research areas, then contact the professors involved and talk with them.

If you are just looking for big name schools, that's pretty foolish thing. You don't hear people saying "I want to go to Yale because it's a fancy school. I don't care what the major is, I just want to get the degree from any program that will accept me."

frob.
I graduated from the University of Calgary up here in Canada in the CompSci. program.

I didn't "specialize" in graphics, but I took all of their graphics courses. ;)

They offer a Master's in graphics, but I'm guessing you're gonna need to upgrade your GPA. I'm at a 2.78 myself, and they told me to get it above the 2.9-3.0 range before they'd even look at me. *sigh*

I'm gonna eventually get it myself, but I wanted to make some money first. ;)

btw. For those of you in University, be VEWY VEWY carefull about the so-called "bird courses". I had a 3.0 in my core comp. sci classes until I was FORCED to take "option classes" for my degree..

That's where I tanked. *sob*

hth,

Well the thing is dat I recently graduated and was offered only a Computer Graphics course. But not much covered in it. I have developed special liking recently and Its some 2/3 months I am having some work to improve my skills & knowledge in this field. But its very difficult with job. So I have thought of specializing in it. I have search for some unis but their req is good GPA which unfortunately I dont have. I had myself 3.2 GPA in CS courses but performed very badly in those non-CS courses :@ ... well no repents :P .. So I am looking for uni which have a decent repute who will take a student like me :P ...

Seeking more help :(
ThanksBest Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement