College students, post your spring schedules!

Started by
47 comments, last by CheeseWeaver 18 years, 4 months ago
Taking a bit of an overload this quarter

Software Engineering
Fundamentals of CS Theory (Grad Level)
Ethics in the Information Age
Constitutional Rights and Liberties
Intro to Psych (self instruction)
also Lab Instruction for CS4

all in all, 20 credit hours, I wouldn't do it (especially not with the Grad class on there) if it weren't for the Psych self-instruction
Advertisement

MATH-2417
CALCULUS I

MATH-2017
CALCULUS I PROBLEM SECTION

CHEM-1311
GENERAL CHEMISTRY I

CHEM-1111
GENERAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY

CHEM-1011
GENERAL CHEM RECITATION SEC

MUSI-2324
GUITAR I

CS -3375
PRINCIPLES OF UNIX

HUMA-1301
EXPLORATION OF THE HUMANITIES

Total credit hours to be earned: 17
Reasoning with Partial Beliefs
aaand.... that's it.

The life of a graduate student is a surprisingly work-heavy one, given the class load. I only have one class this quarter, too, and I've been working 16 hour days for it.
I've got all my work coming up as exams in january, after that it's just "Operating Systems", "Advanced Graphics" and "Artificial Intelligence Methods". That and my project of awesomeness: "Real-time high dynamic range rendering for realistic material representation" [lol]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Unfortunately I waited too long to register and all of the courses that I wanted to take are full. I’ve never had this problem before. I’m even on a waiting list to get into advanced calculus. The only course I'm taking this semeser is a public affairs course and it is about health care in the U.S.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Politics & Values in Business & Technology
Computer Game Development
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis
Probability and Statistics (for SE)
Requirements Engineering
Software Project Management

18 Hours
since here the semester in running until february...i just post my current curriculum (1. sem. CS):
math
basics of CS
electro-technics
physics
operating systems (= linux course)
programming languages (= C course)

sums up to ~15 courses (each 90 min) a week
------------------------------------------------------------Jawohl, Herr Oberst!
Quote:Original post by cozman

Software Engineering

all in all, 20 credit hours, I wouldn't do it (especially not with the Grad class on there) if it weren't for the Psych self-instruction

If you're Software Engineering course is anything like mine, you are going to be in for an exhausting semester.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Quote:Original post by ManaStone
Quote:Original post by cozman

Software Engineering

If you're Software Engineering course is anything like mine, you are going to be in for an exhausting semester.

Or if it's like mine you'll come out of it feeling like you just wasted a lot of time, and that you would have been better off just buying a book to read, and you'll never want to have anything to do with software engineering again because you'll realize it's just the philosophy of the CS world and full of lies and argument.

Patterns are cool though.
Well, it's actually my summer schedule, since I'll be interning this winter.

Theoretical Computer Science (Amateur course title translation from yours truly. It's about grammar types, automatons, etc.)
Functionnal Programming
Operating Systems
Statistics
Algorithms and Data structures (AKA Data Structures 2)
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement