The Adventures of Bobo :)

Started by
51 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I tried your game and it's very fun, as someone said, it's indeed time someone made a Lolo clone. Your game gives me the exact same damn frustration feeling I felt at times playing these puzzles ;) It's great, I haven't found a bug yet.

Good job.
Advertisement
I've managed to play my way through to the eleventh floor (the final one?), but I've been thwarted by a show-stopping crash bug!

On that level, once Bobo grabs the sword and after the Demon King makes his big appearance, says his spiel, and the level sets itself up for the big showdown (two switches appear), the game crashes!

Hopefully this is something easy to fix, so that Bobo can win the game [smile].

But the puzzles have been great so far!
Stuck again...grrr! Floor two, level two. The one with the skull in the bottom right, two slinkies(one mid screen but offset to left a bit and the other across the water at the top right), and two evil eyes(one bottom left near the hearts and the other top left in the middle of the water). I can get all the hearts by blocking the evil eyes' view of me while I get the hearts, then the skull chases me and I freeze him, but I don't have the bridge power to get across the water. Is this by design or could it be a possible bug? Thanks.

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
Quote:Original post by persil
Hi, I tried your game and it's very fun, as someone said, it's indeed time someone made a Lolo clone. Your game gives me the exact same damn frustration feeling I felt at times playing these puzzles ;) It's great, I haven't found a bug yet.

Cool, thanks for trying the game and glad you like it :D

Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
I've managed to play my way through to the eleventh floor (the final one?), but I've been thwarted by a show-stopping crash bug!

Whoops, sorry about that! I admit I haven't really tested the last boss fight since, well, 2 years ago so I guess it's not surprising it doesn't work. (But kudos to you for getting that far! lol) I'm planning to put out a final release (in theory) either tomorrow or Monday, which will fix all the bugs people have reported so far, so I'll look into this one as well.

EDIT: OK, I just checked out the last boss myself and same thing happens to me so it should be easy to fix.

Quote:Is this by design or could it be a possible bug? Thanks.

This is by design. The trick is that, once you freeze an enemy, you can push it into the water and ride it around like a raft. Maybe I'll add another step to the tutorial which explains that you can ride on the water, since it's definitely not something obvious at first.
Yay! I just reached the boss and got the error too! Please! Bobo must defeat the evil wizard dude. It's life or death!... Oh... and I want to see how it ends. :P
Nice game!

But Kudo... Odin didn't have a sword... he had a spear ;)

Br,
Roquqkie
D'oh, you're pretty sharp huh :) Yeah, I don't know of any sword-wielding gods from norse mythology other than Freyr with his sword, Mimming. But no one knows who the heck that is! Maybe I'll just call it something generic like... +99 broadsword :) *shrug* Oh well... back to work.

Edit: Yay, the last boss bug is fixed, now just got a few other things to fix and then I'll put up another release within the next 1-2 days.

[Edited by - Kuro on December 17, 2005 11:25:58 PM]
i haven't had a chance to play this yet, but..

i remember you posting this here months ago.. i had tried it then but the game went SUPER fast.. i hope thats fixed now..

but anyway, this brings back ALOT of memories.... i used to play "lulu" with my mom on nintendo when i was like 6 years old...... im looking forward to playing your game again...

keep up the good work dude.

EDIT: hmmmm maybe it wasn't "lulu"... what WAS the name of that game? the little blue guy... had a part2 to it too...
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Cool :) Yeah, that game was "Adventures of Lolo", darn good game :D The speed bug is still there, I'll be releasing a new version some time today or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow :P) which is a lot less buggy hopefully.
Quote:Original post by u235
Is it just me or is this one damn near impossible. It must be something fundamental that I am forgetting, but I have been on this one for a total of about and hour and a half now. I can't find a way to get the heart on the right without avoiding the evil eye's gaze. This level is, btw, floor 5, and I think level 3.

-AJ

I've done this one. To give you a hint, you have to freeze two different things, and be fairly quick about moving ice blocks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement