Crazy thread ?

Started by
1 comment, last by Spoonbender 18 years, 4 months ago
For some reason when I enable debug D3D I get a massive constant spamming of this: The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x63b0) has exited with code 0 (0x0). in my output window. It’s definitely not a thread I’m creating, its something inside of D3D. BTW, the thread ID changes for every message (guess that’s obvious though). Anyone have any idea what this is from?
Advertisement
I'm no expert in Win32 programming, but I think it's the standard 'eventhandling' thread native to all Windows windows. I come from a Java background and it too had a thread pumping around messages for events. I should think Windows does the same natively, and on a new thread for each event that's fired (or in Win32 terms, for each message that needs to be passed).

So, if I'm correct there's nothing to worry about. If someone figures I'm wrong, pray tell :)
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
If it keeps spamming you with those messages, there's probably something wrong. It does do that during initialization and shutdown and such though. That's because Windows is a multithreaded environment, you know. [wink]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement