Sign in to follow this  

Beginners Unite!

This topic is 4382 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Its time for the beginners to unite again, please visit our site we are ready to get things going, anyone with experience is welcome, also complete noobies are welcome too... we are willing to learn from eachother and teach people who are willing to learn from us. Our website is http://phpbb88.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=beginnersunite read over the forums and look over the projects, we will begin when we have enough active members to make the programming teams. AIM is recommended because we get most work done in real time chat. Thanks for your time, hope to see you there... Oh and we might be remodeling the forums because of the monochromatic look to it. Welcome to the team =)

First of all we need to build up a structure of dedicated programmers, not necesarely experienced programmers, but we need active members. When everyone joins the forums and checks in, we can start on the project. Everyone will be given a task to do, and we try to put inexperienced programmers with experienced ones so that there is a chance to learn. If you have questions ask me on AIM. MrGoodwrench120 is my AIM handle. Thank you and i am looking forward to your reply's.

Ok, i would like to clear something up, Please do not join the forums to critique us, we are trying to do everything possible in order to get things moving. If you think that you want an opportunity to make a game then join up and we will put you to work. If you are looking at the forums for finished games and sample code you will not find it because all the code is in our posession and you will get the code upon joining the forum and being assigned. As soon as the manpower is up to full we will explain the project and issue the completed skeleton code to all Project 1 teams, then assign work. My job is simply to get enough active members to get started... Looking forward to some positive replys, Thank you and welcome.

Hey,
I am a member of Beginners Unite. I posted there about a game that I made, and I didn't post the link, because even I the developer said the game sucked VERY bad. So, I got started working on the bigger project. I am most likely going to change Project 2(I am the lead Designer and Programmer for it)to that project. Sure, the forums are coming to like a disaster, and it is ending up spam. We are getting organized again, and hopefully during this Christmas break we people have, we can have some other stuff going.

Also,
for people who want to say to post this under a help wanted post, we would, and most likely should, but help wanted's really get ignored, and sometimes turn into a flame war.

so,
hopefully when we have more members, the forums will be a lot better, as in better organized.

Chad.

What's up? I'm new to Visual C# and I downloaded the visual studio C# 2005 express edition. I also set it up to run from the command line. For some reason I can't get my direct x code to compile. What do i have to do so that visual C# can find the needed files for direct x? Remember I'm using the command line compile options. (I already have DirectX 9.0c SDK on my computer and am using it to learn graphics w/ visual C++ 6.0)

This topic is 4382 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.