Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Visual Studio Express Edition

This topic is 4377 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i downloaded VS C#, SQL (i think), C++, and VB.net Express Editions. i was under the impression that you can access them all from the same IDE and pick which language you wanted. instead i have to open each one separately from their own executable. did i install it wrong or is that the way it's supposed to be?

Yep, thats how it is supposed to be. If you want all in one product you have to use Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

But having the smaller express editions doesn't hurt either, they are small, fast and very useful IMO.

Quote:
Original post by abnormal
Yep, thats how it is supposed to be. If you want all in one product you have to use Visual Studio 2005 Professional.
Standard Edition is all wrapped up into one nice bundle package....

Quote:
Original post by abnormal
But having the smaller express editions doesn't hurt either, they are small, fast and very useful IMO.
... Not to mention free [wink].

Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i'd figure to ask here.

I'd like to save my projects (and well everything VS related) to my D: instead of the default C:.

how do i do that?

You can do this by changing the directory locations under the tools->Options menus. One thing you will have to do first once you have this screen loaded is to make sure that the show all settings check is turned on (On the bottm of the options screen). From there select the projects and solutions option, all the settings are there.

This topic is 4377 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.