Sign in to follow this  

problem with ATI

This topic is 4379 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a strange problem. i have coded a game which works really nice on all NVIDIA graphic cards. the game even works quite good on riva tnt 2 32mb, BUT... it almost doesn't work on Radeons. my pal has Radeon 9550 PRO 128mb and he says that the game gets about 0,8fps!! i thought that the problem is with quadrics (i use OpenGL). so i have thrown away all quadrics and made all objects with primtives. but that hasn't helped. did anyone have some similiar problem and... does know how to solve it? regards, maxest btw: i use visual c++ 6.0, code in C with OpenGL, OpenAL and winapi

i think that i use none of the extensions. i don't even use multitexturing!
maybe that depends on computer performance the game is compiled? i have compiled the game on geforce 6600. maybe i should compile it on some worse card? i'll check it.
do you have ny other ideas?

so... do you suggest that i should make to versions, one compiled on geforce, and one compiled on ati?
i also thought about it but i have't had any occasion to check it. so now i'm going to do this. if i find out something i will write about it here

I wonder how it is done by professionals

I did not saw any game with ati and geforce version.
I thought nowadays its not so much hard like in 90's, as a game had different versions for different processors

This topic is 4379 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.