Sign in to follow this  

Inverse Kinematics

This topic is 4384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well I need to implement IK for a project I am working on. I finioshed the implementation of CCD now I need to implement Jacobian which i fully understand. I understand how JAcobian would work on 2D but on 3D models it starts getting confusing.. after searching a lot of books I only found references to 2D models. In 2D it is easy to find the rate of change of the angle as we have functions to rotate at. In 3D it is harder.. we do not have general functions and we have also to find the axis of rotation (which the Jacobian algortihm does not cover) thus we need a rotation fuction per axis (Local Object axis) ... for now I am not sure of how the implementation will be .. but I would like an idea if someone has already implemented this algorithm. Thank you.

http://graphics.ucsd.edu/courses/cse169_w05/CSE169_13.ppt

This powerpoint presentation also has some essential information in compact form such as how to compute Jacobian for a 1DOF rotational joint in 3D. You can find the same information in Badler's paper.

This topic is 4384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.