[REQ] Nintendo Samples - FL/Reason

Started by
16 comments, last by nes8bit 18 years, 3 months ago
I haven't tried these vst instruments yet, but I just happened to stumble onto this page the other day:

http://www.jackdark.net/darkwarefree.html

Descriptions:
BIT BOY
A synth for circuit bent video game noises.
Imagine if you took all your favorite ol'skool gaming console's synthesizers,
and merged them together, and then circuit-bent the pile...
that's what BitBoy sounds like.
You can get SID sounds... Atari blips... Genesis leads... all LFO'd and FX'd to hell and back.
(Hint: Try the presets first.)

SID BOY
My first stab at that SID chip sound of yore.
Hits and misses, try the presets!
Worthy, methinks, but hardly my final attempt at a Sound Interface Device emulation.

I don't use FL, but I'm pretty sure it can use vst instruments.
Advertisement
Awesome stuff. Ratings++ for all.
:D
I messed with it a little. I haven't really had a chance to mess with it, but it seems neat. Here's a sample of what I'm doing (without the generators)

http://www.timothybarnes.net/100_lives.mp3
If you can use Soundfonts, there are a couple of decent ones here: Zophar's Domain
Quote:nintendo samples

i remember people made a lot of nintendo sounds for ft2 and FL can read FT2 instruments if i remember correctly.
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
If you can use Soundfonts, there are a couple of decent ones here: Zophar's Domain

Some of those are NICE! I really like the SNES ones. Particularly the SQUARESOFT SF's.

However, the regular NES SF's that the sites offers up are terrible. The sound isn't 'pure' enough. The structure of the wave form is to wide (spacious). Its needs to be thinner and tinnier...hmmm...

thx for the link.

Rate++

Quote:Original post by Rain 7
Quote:Original post by Kylotan

Some of those are NICE! I really like the SNES ones. Particularly the SQUARESOFT SF's.

However, the regular NES SF's that the sites offers up are terrible. The sound isn't 'pure' enough. The structure of the wave form is to wide (spacious). Its needs to be thinner and tinnier...hmmm...

thx for the link.

Yeah thats my problem too. I want pure sounds, not just any sounds.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement