• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
magneeto

OpenGL 3d human face modelling--

This topic is 4593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i'm new in graphics programming.i'm just learning opengl. i have chosen 3d human face modelling as my project which i have to submit in the mid of next year. since i'm new in graphics programming i really need a guide on how to proceed, what to know aside from opengl. plz can anyone gice me a step by step guide on how to proceed through this subject. magneeto

Advertisement
I´m a bit confused. You say, you have to model a human face / head? If that is your project I don´t see where programming comes into play? I´d just use a modeler (3D Studio MAX, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender or anything) and google for a tutorial. I know there is one for Cinema 4D at Maxon´s homepage and there should be loads of them for 3Ds max.
If I completely misunderstood your post, please excuse me ;)

Ken Perlin has a Responsive Face demo on his web site. My assumption is that the focus isn't on generating a mesh that looks like a human face, but rather given a mesh how do you animate it. Realistically you need more information than a mesh provides. As an example you might need a model of basically the bones, muscles and skin to animate the face procedurally.

Oh yes, as far as starting point, since this if for school, start in the art department. The basic idea being to figure out how a person would use 3D Studio Max or similar software to do it. Books like these on Amaxon might give you some guidance as well. You may not have the artistic ability to follow along creating a face from the book but you should be able to understand the tasks involved and their relevance to making it easy to animate the face, i.e why you need more than just a mesh and just what more you need.

[Edited by - LilBudyWizer on December 18, 2005 12:59:39 PM]

i'v seen ken perlins demo. it's nice. actually i have to build the mesh of the human face and animate it.i can't use any modeler like 3D max or maya. thanks guys. i don't know anything about generating meshes or animation. so i still need help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!