• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] Read from mysql

This topic is 4472 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

now this is the code for displaying a piece of news
<h2>November 22nd</h2>
<h3><?php echo( $row ); ?></h3>
<p>this is just a bunch text for displaying purpose</p>

Now I need the date to been in between the <h2, and the title in between <h3 and the summary in between <p becuase I am using a .css file to display the news in a certian way. Now this is how I am connecting to me db and is is working fine.
$database = "kaizendigital";
$dbloginname = "root";
$dbpassword = "";
$host = "localhost";

$link = mysql_connect( $host, $dbloginname, $dbpassword ) or die( 'could not connect' . mysql_error() . '.') ;
$selecteddb = mysql_select_db( $database ) or die( 'could not connect to ' . $database . ' please check to make sure it exists.' );
$query = 'SELECT * FROM `news`';
$result = mysql_query( $query ) or die('could not perform ' . $query . ' query.' );

I need there are a few thing I need some help on. First how can I extract certain data for the db into a php variable like how cna i make $title = title in the mysql db The second thing I need help on is how only run the process for only to 30 newest news. I was thinging of doing something like:
for( $i = 0; $i < 30; $i++ )
	//php code to print out news

but I dont know how to prin the newest news becuase I was thinking of id but the id goes forward. The third thing i need help on is how do I know which news item is the newest and how do i select that. Any help would be great, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement