• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
blanky

OpenGL Rendering .blend Files

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I just named it that for fun. But the real question is; what format should I export to from blender to render in OpenGL? This is so that I could render my models in a game. I have tutorials on rendering md2, so that should be easy, but do any of you suggest any others? And if you do, could you pretty please provide links to tutorials and/or information? Thanks guys, hope this isn't too much to ask. I've just been looking around and am pretty confused.

Advertisement
If MD2 works for you, use it. I never found a good exporter for blender though, so that might be a problem. If you have Milkshape 3d, that will make it that much easier though, since blender has many exports and Milkshape has many imports, and then since Milkshape can export animated MD2 files, that is how I would do it anyway.

I wrote an MD2 exporter for blender. I just updated it for the latest version of Blender and you can find it at my website:

Here

If it is a static object I would recommend an OBJ format. It's easy to read in to your own internal format and should work fine for most models.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote:
Original post by Scourage
I wrote an MD2 exporter for blender. I just updated it for the latest version of Blender and you can find it at my website:

Here

If it is a static object I would recommend an OBJ format. It's easy to read in to your own internal format and should work fine for most models.

Cheers,

Bob
This is your website? I've been using a number of your scripts from time to time. They're really quite useful, so I just thought I'd say thanks! (And there's a rate++ in there too.)

Thanks buddy. The only reason I dont use MilkShape is cause it costs money *sob* so I'm stuck with Blender (recommend anything else?). Anyways, thanks for the script bud.

EDIT: Oh yeah I've been to that site! Thanks buddy! Hey sorry for being a noob but how do I install the plugins, I'll just drop em in my plugins folder haha.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!