Sign in to follow this  

Problems Using Fog In my Scene

This topic is 4378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried setting up fog in my scene using the Nehe tutorial.. However all I see is everything becomes dark.. I don't see a fog effect at all. Everything just becomes black..! Does anyone know what might be happening?

If everything's in the fog, and the fog is black, everything ends up black. Try changing the fog colour and see if that changes anything. You could also change the fog start and fog end values to make the fog show up further away, that way you should still be able to see things that are close to the camera. There's probably other things you can do, but my mind's a little foggy at the moment, so hopefully this'll be enough.

Guest Anonymous Poster
lol it was a stupid error.. I did all the fog stuff inside a switch statement between cases. I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULDNT EXECUTE lol.... So I moved the stuff outside the switch statement and it worked.

This topic is 4378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.