• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spek

OpenGL Graphics problem, missing polygons

This topic is 4592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Its a little bit off-topic, but maybe someone here has a clue. I recently bought a new video card (Asus nVidia 6600 GT, 128 mb RAM, AGP). I tried it with my own stuff and Quake4. That worked fine, but then I tried Halflife2 'Lost Coast' and the nVidia Cg browser program. Both programs (and I bet there are more) are showing artifacts; polygons were missing (world, models, etcetera) like this picture shows: http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img148&image=d1trainstation0100017dq.jpg In my case it was even worse. Weird, I do a lot of shader programming with Cg and OpenGL and didn't had any problems, neither with Quake4. Also weird was the Cg browser. This program is a listing of several shader demo's, and I think they are all executed inside the same viewer/context. Some demo's showed problems, others not at all. I reinstalled the newest nVidia graphics driver and DirectX 9.0c, but no result. Some other forum told another user with the same problem that his card might be faulty... I certainly hope not, its not overclocked, only a few weeks old and my previous card already crashed :( Greetings, Rick

Advertisement
I had a similar problem when I bought my radeon 9600XT, and the only thing that really made it work correctly were some older drivers that I found somewhere in the ATI site... Also, I had a GeForce MX 440 before I bought this one, and there were some ancient nVidia drivers lost in my PC, which I had to delete in order to get my system up and running (and stable). Have you already tried it with some different drivers?

I just found a driver from more than a year ago. I installed it, but it caused problems (slow system, programs couldn't initialize etc.). Maybe that driver was a little bit too old? Does someone know a resource to download somewhat older versions of the nVidia graphics driver (Windows XP, GeForce / TNT2)?

Greetings,
Rick

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!