Graphics problem, missing polygons

Started by
1 comment, last by spek 18 years, 4 months ago
Hi, Its a little bit off-topic, but maybe someone here has a clue. I recently bought a new video card (Asus nVidia 6600 GT, 128 mb RAM, AGP). I tried it with my own stuff and Quake4. That worked fine, but then I tried Halflife2 'Lost Coast' and the nVidia Cg browser program. Both programs (and I bet there are more) are showing artifacts; polygons were missing (world, models, etcetera) like this picture shows: http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img148ℑ=d1trainstation0100017dq.jpg In my case it was even worse. Weird, I do a lot of shader programming with Cg and OpenGL and didn't had any problems, neither with Quake4. Also weird was the Cg browser. This program is a listing of several shader demo's, and I think they are all executed inside the same viewer/context. Some demo's showed problems, others not at all. I reinstalled the newest nVidia graphics driver and DirectX 9.0c, but no result. Some other forum told another user with the same problem that his card might be faulty... I certainly hope not, its not overclocked, only a few weeks old and my previous card already crashed :( Greetings, Rick
Advertisement
I had a similar problem when I bought my radeon 9600XT, and the only thing that really made it work correctly were some older drivers that I found somewhere in the ATI site... Also, I had a GeForce MX 440 before I bought this one, and there were some ancient nVidia drivers lost in my PC, which I had to delete in order to get my system up and running (and stable). Have you already tried it with some different drivers?
http://sagito.wordpress.com
I just found a driver from more than a year ago. I installed it, but it caused problems (slow system, programs couldn't initialize etc.). Maybe that driver was a little bit too old? Does someone know a resource to download somewhat older versions of the nVidia graphics driver (Windows XP, GeForce / TNT2)?

Greetings,
Rick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement