AngelScript g++ release/debug

Started by
10 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 3 months ago
Compiler: g++ 3.4.4, Os: Windows / Linux Fedora Core 2/3 and PC Linux If I compile and link the angelscript debug version to my project is running the scripts just fine. If I am building the the release version of angelscript and and then I am linking to it I am getting back from the script lib call RunScript: "Invalid Configuraton". Thinks work fine with microsoft c++ compiler (release debug). Thank You.
MCO
Advertisement
Hmm, this must be a define that is different for release mode. I'm guessing the problem is with the registration of the internal object types, array, struct, or any.

I'm not that experienced with g++, but I'll try to figure out what the problem is.

Should someone with experience with g++ and AngelScript like help me out here I would be grateful.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This may be a long shot because I'm unexperienced in AngelScript, and g++. But I had a problem where it would link with the wrong library when I compiled it. (If I added the debug library it would link properly with debug, but when it was in release it would link with the debug library without errors)

I did this (MSVS equivilent)
#ifdef _DEBUG	#pragma comment(lib, "AngelScriptd.lib")#else	#pragma comment(lib, "AngelScript.lib")#endif

I hope this helps. :P
I don't think that is the problem that Marius is having.

Marius, could you send me the make file that you're using to compile the library in release mode?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yes I will place the link in few hours at:
geticserver
MCO
Quote:Original post by Marius
Yes I will place the link in few hours at:
geticserver

I tryed to make it as simple as it can be build on your side.
The make files are:
makeangel
makebaselib
makegeticnetserv

The libraries are prebuild in _lib directory debug and release
versions '*(d).a'
The executables are geticnetserv.exe. and geticnetservd.exe
The script is in \_bin\_scripts\geticnetsrv.

Running debug version; the server connects to
www.zalsoft.com and download all the maps from there in your
_bin\server_dir
The relase version just prints out the 'Invalid Configuration'

I also added a client that connects to the server on the local machine and
get's the levels from it.

I updated the link with Code::Blocks C++ IDE workspaces at
geticserver2.rar
Please ignore the previous link.

I really appreciate your help.
Thank you

Regards,
Marius
MCO
Thanks Marius,

I'll make some tests as soon as I can find the time.

Regards,
Andreas

I got the latest build angelscript_2.4.1d.zip.
After I changed the code match new functions signatures:
scr_engine.CreateContext();
and
scr_engine.Build()

scr_engine.Build() return an error in release builds.

MCO
I haven't been able to find the time to test this yet (I've been travelling), but I'll try to do so this week.

It's strange that nobody else is having this problem, because I know there are plenty of users that uses g++ with AngelScript.

I took a quick look at the project files that you use to compile AngelScript.

You've defined the flag AS_DEPRECATED in the release version, but not in the debug version.

It's possible that this is the cause of your problems. Please remove that flag and try again.

I'll try to install Code::Blocks in order to compile your project when possible.

Regards,
Andreas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement