Sign in to follow this  

Skybox render anomilies

This topic is 4380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm currently trying to make an environment mapping demonstration and am getting a few anomilies displaying in the skybox. I am using a custom made box so that I can apply the 6 different textures to each face. However, when I rotate the camera within the box (to show off the env mapped object) I get small glitches appearing on the joins of the faces of the box. Black and white lines flash along the joins when looking at it from certain angles. I thought it might be a clipping plane problem but have tried many different combinations without any success. Any ideas on why these lines are appearing? Is it just my custom made box perhaps? If so does anyone know where I could get a premade box with texture coordinates? Cheers

When rendering your skybox, are you setting the AddressU and AddressV of the sampler to CLAMP? Whenever I render skyboxes, I do this, and it alleviates any seam issues on the edges of the box.

Just a coverup rather than the answer but you could create your box edges just beyond eachother so that you never see the edges.

Perhaps the texture isn't going all the way to the edge from all views and your seeing the material color where the texture isn't. You could try using black as the material color and see if that helps.

-Devin

Ahhh silly me. Yes I forgot to set addressu and v to clamp. It fixed up the problem straight away. Thanks circlesoft for the heads up.

Thanks for the advice devronious as well about setting the edges just beyond each other. Seems like a useful solution if I come across a similar problem in the future.

This topic is 4380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.