• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
litewarri

OpenGL OpenGL errors with RinthIsland

This topic is 4713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A while ago my game Rinth Island was image of the day. Near the end, I received a comment about a large list of errors that someone detected my game producing. Here's the thread: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=351597 I tried PMing the guy, with no response. The two questions: 1) Does anyone know what program he used to detect those errors? I'm going to need that in order to fix them. Or at least it would help. 2) Has anyone seen any of those errors before and would like to suggest the root causes?

Advertisement
Just guessing I would say you call a render function from your message loop, but are doing so during startup before you get the message that creates the context. Then at the end you're not deleting the textures before exiting the program. The middle might be a continuation of the first error as you use an enum from an extension that isn't loaded yet during that first render.

I would start by setting breakpoints in the render and init routines to see which executes first. Failing to delete the textures it seems would be a bigger problem if you were deleting and recreating the context rather than exiting the program. It would be a good practice to free all allocated resources before program termination.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!