Sign in to follow this  

3D Space library/engine in C#?

This topic is 4351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm fairly new to OpenGL/DirectX (and computer graphics in common) but I have a hobby-project idea that I wanted to start in the next couple of weeks... So here I am. I wanted to ask here if there's anyone who has written a very simple 3D-Engine and wants to share code. I want to make a "Fleet Command" or Harpoon in space RTS game so I don't need fancy graphics (at least not now *g*) but a decent simulation of a 3D environment (eg. a sector of space, a solar system, somtething like that) where a player can control its vehicles. So I need some moving blips (small spheres for units/vehicles), navigational hospots (planets, circles showing planet paths and of course a sun). Even wireframe graphics would be ok for me. So I would just want an interface to add all these objects and then manipulate them via code and mouse-events (drop down menus)... Has anybody ever created such a small engine (or library) in C#/VB.NET/C++.NET and is willing to share? Maybe one of you in interested in joining my efforts! :) Be my guest! *g* My background: I'm a "conventional" programmer with a history in business applications and database design. Programming for about 20 years now who's never ever got the chance to do graphics! :) Regards, Stevie

Hey. The guy who makes irrlicht has also written a .NET wrapper for it. It doesn't include all of the irrlicht features but it is enough to read in some meshes and textures and create a scene-graph. The code is also provided. It is not written in C# but with the .NET wrapper you can use it anyway.

Google for irrlicht and it's the first one up.

I'm currently in the process of working on a Space based engine...

No real physics, just the main framework of your average OpenGL/C++ engine. My ultimate goal is to make an RTS out of it. Currently I have the ability to put multiple objects in space and move them around, I may get to the point where I create a GUI system for the program so that I can add things at will. PM me if you wanna know more :).

This topic is 4351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.