Sign in to follow this  

il (intermediate language) and ildasm.exe

This topic is 4374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, has any1 ever used ildasm.exe, its pretty great. I was wondering does any1 know how the decoded assembley translates to the .exe U see i want to replace a few bits, now ildasm.exe has shown me where and what i want to do the only thing is where in the exe is this bit located? Regards Dawid

Quote:
Original post by dawidjoubert
Hi, has any1 ever used ildasm.exe, its pretty great. I was wondering does any1 know how the decoded assembley translates to the .exe

U see i want to replace a few bits, now ildasm.exe has shown me where and what i want to do the only thing is where in the exe is this bit located?

Regards Dawid

The code may be JIT compiled or otherwise interpreted at runtime. Compiled files are generally cached. The machine must have the .NET framework or Mono available to do that.

Look up the System.Reflection and System.Reflection.Emit namespaces for ways to modify it.

To get started, you should look at the Module class, ILGenerator class, and the OpCodes class.

Assuming it's on your own project, none of these restrictions should be an issue for you: You can't modify an assembly after it is loaded. You need certain security to modify an assembly. There are restrictions on modifying signed assemblies, modifying assemblies of running apps, modifying cached assemblies, and many other issues.

frob.

This topic is 4374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.