Heavy Metal

Started by
6 comments, last by owl 18 years, 3 months ago
Ok, so I'm into the heavy/speed metal genre, and I want to make it apply to my games. What's the best software to create some heavy stuff? I can't plagerize... so... ya lol I have to make it Massive-war
A true American.One who supports his government.Is ambitious, successful, and hardworking.The direct definition of a conservative... the ones who actually get stuff done in this country.Long live Americans.
Advertisement
You'll need to get a multitrack recording program (like Sonar, Logic, or maybe even Audacity would suffice). On top of that you might want something to compose other instruments and drum lines in - I use FLStudio for that.
Get some soundfonts(.sf2) for good quality or sample your own instruments.
-----"Master! Apprentice! Heartborne, 7th Seeker Warrior! Disciple! In me the Wishmaster..." Wishmaster - Nightwish
I have to ask... are you a musician?

I've been writing and producing for almost ten years now (and love it). But when someone talks about making tracks and doesn't know what software is out there, I'm a bit suspicious. Laying beats, bass line and guitar isn't quite as easy as ya might hope.

But if you're ready for it, try Orion
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
For the best bass and drum sounds i recomend using GigaStudio. Its totally accoustic instrument oriented. All you need after is play some guitar over your bass and drum tracks and add desired FX and vocals. Be prepared to be learning to make it all happen for at least 2 or 3 months tho ( thats assuming you already know how to write songs and play guitar )
Original post by coderx75
I have to ask... are you a musician?/

Yes

thank you,

Massive-war

A true American.One who supports his government.Is ambitious, successful, and hardworking.The direct definition of a conservative... the ones who actually get stuff done in this country.Long live Americans.
thats sort of a vague question... it all depends on how much money you want to spend for starters... and if you play guitar...

your best bet on emulating metal riffs is 'Slayer' it works inside of fruityloops or cubase.. it creates metal riffs in whatever note you play...

http://www.refx.net/pro_Slayer2.htm?lang=eng

for bass guitar emulation, you can use "BooBass" which is a default plugin inside of FLStudio, OR ..if i recall.. 'VB-1' which is a free plugin inside cubase sx.

drums.. theres a lot of ways to go.
you can use FruityLoops default kits.. or you can buy a rock drum sample CD like "Drumkits From Hell" OR.. your easiest bet would be to use something like Steinberg Groove Agent... where you pick the style of drums you want and set how complex you want the beat and it does most of the work for you.
Quote:Original post by massive-war
What's the best software to create some heavy stuff?

I think that for a game synthetized (MIDI) bass, drums and keyboards would sound decent. Guitars, at least for me, gotta be real otherwise they'll sound ugly.

Write the bass and drums with a midi program and then record the guitars separately, then mix all with some program. A multitrack one will make things easier and better, but you can achieve results combining wavs one by one, if they are perfectly syncronized.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement