glActiveTexture extension dependencies

Started by
1 comment, last by DrDerekDoctors 18 years, 3 months ago
Odd problem here, I thought that in order to use glActiveTexture then all that needed to be present was GL_ARB_multitexture, however a person who's testing my new remake's machine falls over at the call to glActiveTexture. Are there other extensions which need to be present for this function to work? Thanks,
Advertisement
glActiveTexture requires OpenGL 1.2. GL_ARB_multitexture introduces glActiveTextureARB. If you request the ARB-less function name without OpenGL 1.2 support, but with the multitexture extension, it will fail.

Other than the particular version/extension, there are no other dependencies.
Hmm, thanks. I can get it past the glActiveTexture now on his machine but it still borks when it gets to the glTexEnvi calls. Again, this is a bit confusing as he has GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine and GL_ARB_texture_env_add in his OpenGL extension list. He seems to have an odd card as it claims it's OpenGL 1.1 so it really shouldn't have those. I'll try making my own pointer to glTexEnvi (AllegroGL *should* do it automatically, but I've caught it not doing so in the past) and hope that it works...

Thanks again,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement