Sign in to follow this  

cannot get visual C++ 2005 to work

This topic is 4403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok i've had visual C++ 2005 express edition installed on my comp for some time now and I havn't started using it untill just recently...I bought the gametutorials.com cd and all of the source for all of the projects are written with visual C++...so i load the first project file for C into there because it says i should learn C first and i try to compile it and i get an error that says "cannot open file: odbc32.lib" i also can't run any win32 api programs and i've followed the entire video on how to set it up like 3 times. if you could please help me i would much appreciate it

Always read the "fine print" before downloading anything [smile].
You need to download and install the Platform SDK in order to build Win32 applications with Visual C++ Express.
Since I doubt the sample you use is actually a Win32 application, you can just remove these libraries from the linker settings.
Older versions of Visual Studio always included these libraries in the project settings by default - nothing to worry about.

yes...i followed the entire vid and that was in there. and the sample i'm using is a win32 program...i found it in the win32 section of the gametutorials cd

Sign in to follow this