• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
C plus noob

strange VC++ error

This topic is 4531 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guessing... link.exe is your Linker... ill say there is a problem creating "spawing" a process to run it!?

Hummm... are u using Visual Studio 2003 ??

I have had this problem before. I never found out exactly what was doing it. But all I had to do was restart my computer. I think it's (VC++) is trying to say that it couldn't start "link.exe", which is the linker. ...

I always like to look up the error in MSDN when I am using Visual Studio.

Here is the page for your error
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcerrProjectBuildErrorPRJ0003.asp

I would save it as a favorite and when you need to look something up just go there and do a search on the left side of the page. Of course I just looked up error C2061 for my code and it didn't help at all, so I posted here and got some good help.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I had this problem once, didn't know exactly where is came from.

I my mind serves me well, you have to recreate your solution.
So make a backup, create a new solution and copy your files to the new solution.

Hope it helps...

I have had problems running the debugger in the past. It was after my program crashed. I would change the code and try to run again but it wouldn't start. I had to restart the debugger service to get it working again.

So, I don't know if it is a debugging thing, but it might be a similar problem. That may be why making a new solution fixes it, because it would restart the needed programs.

Don't know if this has been solved yet, but you will get that error if you're running your program externally when it tries to link.

Example: On one of my projects I host a server and I develop in debug mode. When I think its ready I bring down the release mode server and recompile it. If I try to compile the release mode build while its running this error happens.

Maybe this helps.
~self()

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!