A hand full of 3D Viewers and some more...

Started by
3 comments, last by Jimmy Valavanis 18 years, 3 months ago
Recentry updated viewers: DoomViewer QuakeViewer (also updated to support Returen to Caste Wolfstein BSPs) Tomb Raider Viewer Duke Nukem 3D and ShadowWorrior Viewer I've also updated Doom to Delphi Total Convertion
Advertisement
Interesting. :) I've tried your Quakeviewer and it does the job well for normal HL levels.

Embedded textures are shown all weird and messed up, though, but I guess you didn't add real support for that, right? Some faces were missing and some objects weren't at the right place (some entities), but other than that I think it works well for Half-Life. I haven't checked out the other supported games though.
Oh, and is there an option to turn on backface culling?

Was it difficult to find out how these file formats worked bytheway?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Huppy new year!

QuakeViewer requires the original HL stucture as installed by the original
setup program. Looks the *.wad files for texture and also all the *.pak
files in directory. Did you use a mod??

Quake 1, 2, and 3 format is available in the internet (source code published by ID Software), as also as the full HL source (HL SDK) so there was no problem.
Return to Castle Wolfstein uses the same format as Quake 3.
No, I didn't use a mod, but a level with textures embedded into the .bsp. Your viewer seems to find them as I saw something that resembled the textures overall shape, but the colors were messed up.

If you want to recreate the 'problem', I tested with two of my levels which you can download from my portfolio. Both have textures embedded into the map file.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
OK, I'll look at this. When dealing with HL levels (bsp version 30) I don't look
for embeded textures (as Quake 1 bsp version 29).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement