• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
0beron

OpenGL Multisampling using PyOpenGL

This topic is 4674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been playing around with PyOpenGL, and it's great for hacking up basic 3D stuff really quickly. I'm trying to use multisampling for for anti-aliasing, and this is where I get totally stuck. The NeHe pages involve importing various headers for which I think I have found an equivalent import under python:
>>> for a in dir(OpenGL.GL.ARB.multisample):
...     print a
GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB
GL_MULTISAMPLE_BIT_ARB
GL_SAMPLES_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_ONE_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_COVERAGE_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_COVERAGE_INVERT_ARB
GL_SAMPLE_COVERAGE_VALUE_ARB
__api_version__
__author__
__builtins__
__date__
__doc__
__file__
__info
__name__
__version__
_multisample
_newclass
_object
_swig_getattr
_swig_setattr
_swig_setattr_nondynamic
glInitMultisampleARB
glSampleCoverageARB
That seems to get me the GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB constants, but I'm unsure of how the two functions glInitMultisampleARB and glSampleCoverageARB work and what they are supposed to do. I also gather that to achieve multisampling I have to fiddle around with the pixel format? Can anyone who's done this before with or without Python help me out? I keep hearing about 'extensions' to OpenGL such as ARB and EXT - how are they implemented, and is it possible that I simply don't have them?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!