How do you make characters, coordinate system

Started by
3 comments, last by deavik 18 years, 3 months ago
- How do you make characters in-game mostly. By use of primitives to build a model or import a model from some 3d format?? - Is there some way to change OpenGL coordinate system? Because -1.0 to 1.0 is strange for me and hard to use. It would be easier e.g instead of -1.0 to 1.0 to be 0 to 200 or something.. thanks
Advertisement
1. The easiest would be to create models in a 3D modeling program and then import them in your game

2. If you mean working with pixels instead of world coordinates: it is possible with using orthographic views - which limits you to working in 2D

I'd advise you to visit http://nehe.gamedev.net and read through the tutorials there - very help- and insightful
What I meant is to change the scale or something translate so I don't have to mess with low numbers like 0.001.
I think I know what you are asking, but could you paste some code as well. You are not limited from 0 to 1 as you think. The 0 to 1 restriction is used for the screen, and even that is changed to something more manageable once you set up a frustum.
Regards,Braden
Quote:Original post by Noob_Gamemaker
What I meant is to change the scale or something translate so I don't have to mess with low numbers like 0.001.

You're looking for glScale.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement