• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

3DS Max 6 Exits on Startup ...?

This topic is 4493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, there. I just started using 3D Studio Max 6 not too long ago. Well, I didn't get much of anything done, fortunately, on my other computer. It crashed big time. And now I can't get it fixed. Anyhow, on to my question. I have a computer like this: Windows 2000 Professional SP4 (I updated since it requires at least SP2) Pentium III 750MHz 60GB HD ATI Rage Pro II+ (I know, I need to upgrade =P) I just installed 3DS Max 6 on it. And everything loads/initializes (plug-ins, etc). But when it says "Starting 3D Studio Max 6", it takes a second, then displays a box for selecting rendering device (Software, OGL, D3D, etc.). When that box pops up, it freezes for a second, and then 3DS Max exits. Has anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone at least tell me what is possibly causing this? Thanks in advance, Matt U.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by TFS_Waldo
ATI Rage Pro II+ (I know, I need to upgrade =P

That's it right there. You didn't say how much RAM you have, but I bet that right there is your problem. That's only a what, 8MB card?

i was working off of a sis( intergrated graphics) surprised at how many times 3ds max gave me the cold shoulder and to add to the trouble i had 94 mb of ram

Install a gfx card (I do not consider a Rage Pro II to be one - it's 2006 dude [smile]).
[edit]
Did you check the minimal requirements of 3DS MAX 6 - I am quite sure your current setup doesn't match it.
[/edit]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement