• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vgmtech

Stroy Desgin?

This topic is 4701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In the past year or so(off and on), I have not found a way of getting a good story together. This is some what hard to do, Any one can have an idea but putting it into a story can make a game good or bad. I need some advice on how to get a story together.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Try reading some books like Iliad, Odissey, Aeneid. At least they won't be alive to sue you.

May I also suggest that you might want to check out the Writing for Games forum? You might be able to get some better advice on the topic there.

What sort of game are you working on; perhaps you could try a game design that doesn't call for a story, or in which something very simple will do the job.

With decent gameplay, the story needn't be much more than an excuse to play the game. Quake 3's story was, I believe, "You find yourself inexplicably participating in a brutal deathmatch... in space!" and it was fun.

For an actual story-type adventure game, a children's story would suffice. Pick a fairy tale, turn the goblins into robots and the forest into a submarine, and you'll be all set for three or four levels of well-explained adventuring.

P.S. - Are those typos in your topic intentional? Your post is fine, but you messed up both words in the topic.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!