Plants and Trees for your games!

Started by
3 comments, last by Loopix-Project 18 years, 3 months ago
Hi! I have created some game content...mainly plants, trees and textures. There is two very cheap plant/tree-packs (TROPICAL and WOODLAND) and a texture-pack for sale. Also you can find a lot of nice freebies. It's all very lowpoly and high quality! The models for sale are in x-format and in gamestudios mdl-format. More formats (3ds, obj, ms3d, b3d) to come soon... The freebies are in mdl-format only (exept a sample-tree wich is in x!). You might want to take a look: www-loopix-project.com Regards, Lukas Some pictures of the content:
For lowpoly plants check outLoopix-Project
Advertisement
can you post some screens with lighting enabled? I find that the hard part of plants is not thier geometry but getting them to light in a non-ugly way.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
can you post some screens with lighting enabled? I find that the hard part of plants is not thier geometry but getting them to light in a non-ugly way.

Well...the lighting is alway a tricky issue! Most important is to keep the model weld as a sigle mesh (that's the way my models are made!).
I might post some screens with stronger lighting later on!
This look proffesional and I love it.

One question though:

Where did you learn how to texture? Do you know of any tutorials on the net?

Again, really nice trees!

Thanks!
Thanks for the nice words!

I learned it all by myself...spent nights finding out how to make tree-cluster textures with the free image software GIMP. The modeling was not the hardest part...the organic shapes somehow slipped out of my hands (using the low-cost modeler and animator FragMOTION). Maybe the fact that I'm living very remote in the countryside, surounded by a wonderfull REAL nature, did help me!

I will make a tutorial later on...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement