devIL Import Problem

Started by
19 comments, last by hvor3 18 years, 3 months ago
I already did that,and the program can run,but I cant use the devIL library with it(the import dosnt work).
Advertisement
Hmmm.. zero, any error log that we can see? Maybe you should try to compile and execute it out of eclipse to make shure that your problem is IDE based?
Are you sure you've added the lwjgl_devil.jar (at least that's what it's called in 0.97) to your build path? "project->properties->java build path->libraries->add external jar"
Also could you post the exact error you get? You're not giving us enough information.
Yes, Im with BertS, I think that's it. No lwjgl_devil.jar in library path. You *have* to try that.
The only error it gives me is:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at lwjgl_test.main(lwjgl_test.java:24)

Line 24 is: public static void main(String args[]) {
Im not sure how to find the log file with eclipse :p All I did to link eclipse to LWJGL is add -Djava.library.path=C:\lwjgl-win32-0.99\lwjgl-win32-0.99\native in the VM arguments.

Thanks
Quote:Original post by zero_792
All I did to link eclipse to LWJGL is add -Djava.library.path=C:\lwjgl-win32-0.99\lwjgl-win32-0.99\native in the VM arguments.

If that is all, then you are missing something. As we stated before, you should add all lwjgl jars into your project so it can compile it.
"project->properties->java build path->libraries->add external jar" ---> add all .jar from lwjgl

When I added all the .jar(all the things which were folder,like lwjgl_devil,etc.),it gives me:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
and a ton of errors about the lwjgl commands,in the error console
Ok,now I fixed that,but when im trying to load a image it wont work(I think),because it gives me errors on the lines:
texture = loadTexture("NeHe.bmp");
and
IL.ilGenImages(1, image);
Yes,its from the nehe tutorials :)

Any help? Thanks

[Edited by - zero_792 on January 10, 2006 9:37:57 PM]
Zero, i know about this error. NEHE tutorial is sort of outdated, new method is this:

IL.ilGenImages(image);

instead of

IL.ilGenImages(1,image);

cheers!
WOW! Thanks a lot man! It works!

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement