SDL?

Started by
4 comments, last by Rob Loach 18 years, 3 months ago
No, this isn't a "What is SDL" or anything like that. I also have to go over my C++ again, again. So I was at a SDL site a few months ago, but I forgot what it was. Does anyone know any links? But I was also told I don't need to use classes for my first Pong, but for the better v. to use classes. The site I was at had everything I needed to write Pong-everything I needed to learn in SDL. Alothough it was alot I started and looked through some others. So my questions are: Do you guys have a good link for SDL? What to do about the classes?
cout<<"cout<<'' this is my siggy''";
Advertisement
Lol you should definently use classes, mainly for the ball so you can easily access its x and y and its status.. ect..

the best place to learn from is LazyFoo's Site

which is

Clicky

but i think you should use a class for the ball.. besides that you shouldnt need any... good luck!
Thanks alot. No, really, thanks. :D I remember now what it was, the link that you just gave me. Yeah, I thought I should use them but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
For more good tutorial sites, take a look here.
Thanks, that should help too.
I definately check out Aaron Cox's 2D Tutorials as it covers all you need to get started leading up to a couple of simple games to get you on your feet.

You've probably checked out the CornerStone tutorials by now and may be looking to get into them. I'm going to have to erge you away from them as they leave out much of the basics before moving onto the next topic. One example is blitting. Although they do introduce it, they don't say what exactly it does. This leads to many beginners missing the whole point and not flipping/clearing the surface buffer before blitting again, giving them a growing worm instead of a moving ball.

In any case, good luck with your search and I look forward to seeing what you accomplish.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement