• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Programming classes for those under 18

This topic is 4556 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not. Is there any way that I could get programming classes at 13 years of age?

Advertisement
if not, remember you can still learn a lot from the internet and books. i know i did a computing course at about 15. might be different in the US but i needed a letter from my guidance teacher in order to do the course, so i expect you will need the same.

Yes there are many great articles and tutorials online, as well as many good books available.
As for schooling, many high schools have computer science courses. I'm taking one right now in Almost-Nowhere, Louisiana so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one near you.

Cheers and good hunting.

Yeah, I think I will do some online things now and in time(maybe a few months) do courses at ACTC. If you live in Ashland, KY you would know what that is.

Quote:
Original post by quagmire
Umm... guidance teacher?

councillor? woman/man you talk to about personal stuff and get classes about sex/drugs/rock n roll from? (well not the last one...but i couldnt resist the pun)

Dangit, sorry but those people I can't stand! I hae to go to them for doing drugs and threatening to kill myself multiple times, oh well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!