• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Arrays of classes

This topic is 4500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So i've posted some pretty beginner questions but this is the last one i swear. I've been trying to perfect my button class (i've created my own cuz Allegro's is ugly as sin) and i need three buttons created from this class, so instead of making them all seperate like this: Button button_new(constructor info); Button button_load(constructor info); Button button_quit(constructor info); i wanted to do it like this : Button buttons[3] = {(constructor info a), (constructor info b), (constructor info c)}; but when i do that i get the errors : conversion from `int' to non-scalar type `Button' requested for every part of the array (so 3 errors). How do i initialize a class as an array that has a constructor?

Advertisement
I dont want to do it that way because if i do it in an array i can write the program using loops for the classes. so i could check each button's state and draw each button in a single loop consisting of about 6 lines, instead of 3 lines to each button creating a chunk of code about 12 lines long.

How do i make an array of a class?

Quote:
Original post by Roboguy
See if this works:

Button buttons[3] = {Button(constructor info a), Button(constructor info b), Button(constructor info c)};

i didn't know you could do that! i always thought the default constructor would get called first so you would need a set function to do that. learn something new every day.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement