• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Including DirectX in VC++ 2005

This topic is 4500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I added the directx sdk include folder to the project properties. The book's code that I am copying says to include d3d9.h however this is not in the folder. I looked up what I needed and it is listed as being in d3d9types.h and this is in the folder. However, both get me the error that the file does not exist. Any ideas? Thanks [Edited by - StubornAH on December 30, 2005 12:43:06 AM]

Advertisement
d3d9.h is definitely in the December 2005 SDK, I just looked to make sure. :) It's right there in the Include directory.

d3d9types.h is an internal header for D3D to use and you shouldn't be including it directly.

Another thought, when you add the Include directory, make sure you're adding it to the Include directories. By default it shows the "Executable" directories when you go to the projects in the Options. Make sure you change it to Include before adding it.

I added it to the "Additional Include Directories" in the C/C++ General properties.

It also doesn't find a file in my directory listed as
#include "..\PGRenderer\PGRenderDevice.h"

It does find the following
<windows.h>
<stdio.h>
"PGD3D.h"

I have been working with C on Unix machines for the last 6 months so forgive me if I can't remember the little things.

I am trying to compile a dll as part of an interface, is there something different I need to do?

Thanks

Sorry, I figured it out. I have multiple projects in the same solution and I thought adding it to the main project would add it for the entire solution. I guess not.

Thanks for the help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement