Problems with Soft-Shadow Map...

Started by
1 comment, last by Key_46 18 years, 3 months ago
hi, i found a Tutorial here in GameDev.net about soft shadows: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2193.asp, my application is running with no problems BUT... 1.:This example don't have alpha mapped shadows, how to implement it. 2.:My Objects have .TGA textures with Alpha, when rendering the scene, the Shader don't use it, how to solve it. AND 3.:My game Have More than one type of shader, can i render the objects with their own shaders and then render the scene for shadow mapping?
Advertisement
1.:alpha mapped shadows? you mean the shadow casting of alpha mapped object doesn't work properly? yeah that's a problem with shadow mapping. I have found a demo that uses the other color channels of the shadow map for color and alpha but it has some restrictions an doesn't work properly for all colors(i think)

2.: What do you mean? In the usual render pass you take usual texture and multiply it with the shadow value or combine it another way.

3.: You could render your scene as usual to a texture as well as rendering the scene only with shadow mapping to a texture and combining them vie a postprocessing pass(render a quad covering the whole screen with a pixel shader that combines the 2 textures on it)
"There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."
i think it is better Look the Source code in the Tutorial Link...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement