• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Adding texture to The Cg Tutorial's Per-Vertex Lighting Example

This topic is 4482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I am trying to add texture to the per-vertex lighting example on chapter 5 of [The Cg Tutorial - The Definitive Guide to Programmable Real-Time Graphics]. I tried adding the color and texture color simply on fragment shader but naturally the result is an object that is shining always even if there is no light. How can I do this? Should I try passing specular and diffuse parts from vertex program to fragment program?

Advertisement
ok, bind the texture in the normal way and set up the tex coords, and perform a tex2D() lookup like you would (this should return the colour as a float4), then just mult the computed lighting colour by the colour returned from the texture. If i recall correctly, the Cg Tutorial utilises TEXCOORD0 for its normal when password from the vert shader onto the frag shader, so you'll want to shift that down a slot to TEXCOORD1 and the same goes for whatever its using for TEXCOORD1 (move it to TEXCOORD2).

Hope this helps! :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement