• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Halsafar

Switch to Video Blitter

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay I got this page out of my Xorg.log and it suggests to fix some of my video overlay problems to switch to the Video Blitter. However it does not explain how except for a small sentence: " To give you more control over what method to use I added the option XvDefaultXvAdaptor. It takes a string argument which is either "Overlay" or "Blitter". The "default" adaptor will be adaptor number 0 and hence being used by Xine/MPlayer." This is the page: http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtml Any advice is very welcome. Thanks, Halsafar

Advertisement
I think what he means is you need to change your xorg config file. In debian this is under /etc/X11/xorg.conf, hopefully you know where in your distro.

Go to the section for your video card, it should say something like

Section "Device"
Identifier "Video Card Name"
Option "someoption" "optionvalue"
Option "someoption2" "optionvalue2"
Option "etc" "etc"
EndSection

add an option line like so

Option "XvDefaultXvAdaptor" "Blitter"

Make sure it's before the "EndSection" in the section for your video card's config. Also, you'll need to restart X.

I hope this made sense, and I hope I didn't misinterpret the instructions he gave on the site. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch.
I know exactly where you are talking about.

Option "XvDefaultXvAdaptor" "Blitter"

That is what I really needed to see.

Thanks,
Halsafar

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!