• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Horizontal scrolling on a list box

This topic is 4434 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What am I doing wrong?
objSelect = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, "LISTBOX", NULL, 
        WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL | LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL,  
        655, 0, 175, 320, mainWin, (HMENU)OBJSEL, hInstance, NULL);
  if(objSelect == NULL)
        MessageBox(mainWin, "Could not create Object select box.", "Error", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
  SendMessage(objSelect, LB_ADDSTRING, 0, (LPARAM)"It is working as intended, for sure dude.");
This creates a list box in the correct place with the grayed out scroll bars as intended, and the text that I put into the box is big enough that it'll go past the right boundary of the box, yet the horizontal scroll bar stays grayed out and I can't scroll to see the rest of my lame text :( I've tried looking through various windows styles and message, and I'm not sure what I'm missing. The vertical scrollbar works fine, when I tried throwing in a ton of strings, I was able to scroll, it's just this one that doesn't seem to work for some reason. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (I'm hoping I am anyways).

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement