Detail

Started by
2 comments, last by hplus0603 18 years, 3 months ago
How detailed should game stories be? I am beginning to start mine and I wanted to know how much detail I should put in, since I don't want to waste time adding and then taking out. Thanks
Advertisement
Well, I do not follow the trade of a writer, but I guess if you take out details, the guys developing the game will either make their own version of the story or leave it empty.
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
More is good if you ask me. If it gets too much, the actual developers can just pick the excess out instead of they comming up with something you perhaps were not thinking.

Or something.
The thin ninja strikes.All hail the night.Beware the [html=http://djparley.blogspot.com"]blogger[/html].
I like a game with a rich sub-text. Half-life 2 is pretty good at this -- and original Marathon (for the Mac, no less) had a great story!

Meanwhile, I hate games where the writer seems to believe that telling his (usually very wordy) story is more important than gameplay. I'm not going to mention names, but I'm sure you know lots of examples. Cut-scenes should be few, short, and SKIPPABLE (at least after the first time).
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement