• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to make url in IE for open/connect automatically my game to the referred address?

This topic is 4439 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to know as the games on-line make that system where you place a URL in the IE and call for game to automatically you connect in ip/port described in the URL. An example when I played ut I open the game and make with that it if automatically connects in the IP and port of the URL below... ut://200.199.201.73:7777 I know that this system is very using in programs as GameSpy and All-Seeing-Eye. But at last as I would make so that the game was opened and I obtained to catch the URL to be able to connect as UT,QUAKE... very very others games. How to do this? Thanks, my inglish is very very bad? =\

Advertisement
We used to register a handler for launching There from a web page. However, that turned out to have all kinds of issues, so in the end, we instead wrote a plug-in that launches the program when called from the web site. The drawback is that the user needs to install the plug-in, but this can either be done automatically with IE-specific mark-up, or done using an installer if your game has a downloaded part.

Quote:
Original post by Napalm
I would like to know as the games on-line make that system where you place a URL in the IE and call for game to automatically you connect in ip/port described in the URL.

An example when I played ut I open the game and make with that it if automatically connects in the IP and port of the URL below... ut://200.199.201.73:7777

I know that this system is very using in programs as GameSpy and All-Seeing-Eye. But at last as I would make so that the game was opened and I obtained to catch the URL to be able to connect as UT,QUAKE... very very others games.

How to do this?

Thanks, my inglish is very very bad? =\

Actually, your english is pretty good (although some of the grammar is a bit off, you are quite understandable).

From,
Nice coder

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement