• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Shuryou

[.net] Texture loading in .NET 2.0

This topic is 4707 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I just recently started to switch my game over to Managed DirectX 2.0 and I noticed there is no TextureLoader class. This has become quite an issue for a couple of reasons. 1. Loading by using Texture.FromBitmap is incredibly slow 2. Most of my textures don't even load correctly and when my Sprite objects goto draw them I see nothing All my textures are saved as either 24 or 32 bit PNG files.Can anyone please tell me how I can load my textures properly? Here is the code I am using now:
        public static Texture LoadTexture(Device device, string filepath)
        {
            if (File.Exists(filepath))
            {
                ImageInformation info = Texture.GetImageInformationFromFile(filepath);

return new Texture(device, filepath, info.Width, info.Height, 1, Usage.None, info.Format, Pool.Managed,
                    Filter.None, Filter.None, 0, false, null);
            }
            else
            {
                EngineState.State = EngineStates.Closing;
                return null;
            }
        }

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
I guess you just overlooked the other overloads of the Texture constructor. You can easily load textures:

texture = new Texture(device, filePath);

It seems they have removed all Loaders and replaced it either with an appropriate overload of the constructor or a static method (like Effect.FromFile). Nevertheless I can't find some saving methods (maybe they forgot it: http://exdream.dyn.ee/blog/CommentView.aspx?guid=2811ff76-f35a-4a8c-add1-9a7adff54180)

[Edited by - SlimTimmy on December 31, 2005 10:11:03 AM]

I tried that already, and most of my textures don't load properly like that. Out of the 8 textures I load, only 1 loads properly. It's unfortunate that the TextureLoader is gone becuase it used to work perfectly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!