Compiler problems

Started by
5 comments, last by Eitsch 18 years, 3 months ago
i have to compile a opengl + SDL + glut application in Windwos. i have VisualC++6.0 - it is crap. now i have downloaded ViusalC++Toolkit 2003. i dont't get the libaries linked (everything in the lib folder). i don't want to use visualC++ Express because this needs the ServicePackII. any experience with VisualC++Toolkit 2003? or could you recommend antoher free compiler?
Advertisement
You could try to include the libraries with the pragma directive (I have no experience with the toolkit though):

#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib");

Crafter 2D: the open source 2D game framework

?Github: https://github.com/crafter2d/crafter2d
Twitter: [twitter]crafter_2d[/twitter]

You might want to try the Code::Blocks IDE with the toolkit compiler.
thank you.

i gave it up and tried visualc++2005 express. i just get this error: main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)const " (__imp_?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)

i link against: SDLmain.lib, SDL.lib, GLu32.lib, opengl32.lib, glut32.lib
it seems to be a missing c++ lib.

PS.: why is windows.h, gl.h and so on in visualc++2005 not included!

EDIT: the problem only occurs with Release Configuartion. See the log:
klick

how is the LTCG option in the gui called??

thanks

[Edited by - Eitsch on January 1, 2006 2:04:14 PM]
debug configuartion works but i why this linker problem with release config?
Quote:Original post by Eitsch
thank you.

i gave it up and tried visualc++2005 express. i just get this error: main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)const " (__imp_?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)

i link against: SDLmain.lib, SDL.lib, GLu32.lib, opengl32.lib, glut32.lib
it seems to be a missing c++ lib.

PS.: why is windows.h, gl.h and so on in visualc++2005 not included!

EDIT: the problem only occurs with Release Configuartion. See the log:
klick

how is the LTCG option in the gui called??

thanks

RTFM: Read the installation instructions. It says quite clearly you need to download the platform SDK on step 4. Here's are the instuctions
thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement