FBO and NOT using glGenerateMipmapEXT

Started by
3 comments, last by Ademan555 18 years, 3 months ago
I'm making an FBO just to merely overlay it on the screen (for now). Filtering is NEAREST. when I don't call glGenerateMipmapEXT, I get a black screen, calling it works fine. isn't it supposed to be unnecessary with NEAREST and LINEAR filtering, or am I interpreting something wrong?
Advertisement
im not 100% sure what u mean but for a texture u need to always specify the filtering
see the gl spec (texture completeness part)
I set the filtering to nearest, no mipmaps needed.
bump
Well, there are two types of filtering, min and mag, min is the one that MUST be set to linear, because thats the one that actually uses mipmaps

hope that helps
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement