Skinning a mesh.... need help

Started by
12 comments, last by Grattier 18 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
look in the sdk tutorials folder, there is one, where they make a cylinder just from algorythmicly (taylor series), maybe that could help as a start.

..Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Tutorials

I have December 2005 SDK and i really can't find anything like that... can you zip me the tutorial and send me ?
Advertisement
I really didn't understand how it work.... I'm able to build a mesh from primitive, load a mesh, zoom / rotate / scale a mesh but Transform a mesh like a want.. I'm not able... anyone have a good sample? I can't find the (Summer 2004) sample
Quote:Original post by Grattier
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
look in the sdk tutorials folder, there is one, where they make a cylinder just from algorythmicly (taylor series), maybe that could help as a start.

..Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Tutorials

I have December 2005 SDK and i really can't find anything like that... can you zip me the tutorial and send me ?

The tutorials haven't changed much over the years, and they've always been in \Samples\C++\Direct3D\Tutorials\ as far as I can remember. The first part will obviously depend on your SDK's install location, but beyond that they should be there [smile]

Baring in mind that you only started with DirectX recently, you might well want to slow down a little bit and make sure you've covered all the basics. Skinning isn't the most complex thing you'll ever come across, but it does rely on you having a good understanding of the things that come before it [smile]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Ok... I know where are the samples but I can't find nothing on what I want to do... I know i'm going fast but i learn fast and i'm working against the time :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement