• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
johnnyBravo

Solaris 8, how to setup ssh?

This topic is 4708 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I am using Solaris 8, and I want to setup ssh so I can connect to my server via a console using another computer, Im using the 'Putty' telnet program. It seems to have ssh installed, like i enter ssh, and some help text comes up about the parameters to use. But when I try to connect to it via ssh, it doesn't accept my root's password
Quote:
login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Access denied Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password:
Any ideas? Thanks alot. edit: also when I try to connect to it just by using telnet, it just disconnects after I enter the password.

Advertisement
If you want the Solaris box to accept ssh connections, you want sshd rather than ssh. I assume there's some way to have it run at startup properly, but I'm not familiar with how Solaris does initialization.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!